Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wild Winds


This evening Ian and I took a long walk along the cliffs in the crazy winds just before the storm rolled in. I wore a new (to me) dress that I had on my Etsy wishlist for almost a year. I finally treated myself and couldn't be happier. It is everything I love in a dress - pleats, '50s proportions, soft breezy fabric, geometric print and purple. I suspect you will be seeing it again! (I also love how the wind made the skirt into a bustle in the photo below!)



 Outfit details:
Dress - MadiStarAffair on etsy
scarf - I think this was my mums, but I seem to have appropriated it (sorry mum - let me know if you want it back!)
thongs - probably k-mart?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress, it fits you like a glove...
    Wonderful pics.Love them all, but the 2nd one from the top is fantastic beyond words Rebeccak.
    I am so glad that you are back to enriching us with your lovely outfits and posts.
    Have a superb weekend my friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness gracious I am in love with these shots of you and that dress is amazing. Tomorrow I'm going to post it as modest outfit inspiration (since I already posted today's).
    Lovely!!! http://rubyeyedokapi.tumblr.com
    And you'll see it the following weekend on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i want to be by the water now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing dress - it is perfect on you :)
    Those waves! So powerful and the colours!
    Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wonderful blog! Your pictures are beautiful! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on then!